Metropolis Living’s merchandise changes on a regular basis because that is the nature of vintage. However, a list of typical items includes:
- Signs of all sorts and sizes
- Typography relics
- Apothecary bottles and jars
- Shoe and glove lasts
- Antique dressmaker’s dummies
- Industrial shelving, benches, tables and trolleys
- Tables made from salvaged bowling alley floors
- Metal cabinets and lockers
- Wire baskets
- Items from nature such as tortoise shells, animal skulls, taxidermy
- Work benches
- Metal chairs and stools
- Edison light bulbs of various wattages and sizes
- Have a look at some photos of our products in a sample gallery here.
Metropolis Living also carries art produced by local artists, carefully selected to complement the industrial style of our merchandise. This summer we are featuring two Toronto photographers, Osheen Harruthoonyan and Marek Warunkiewicz, who apply techniques used before digital photography was invented to create their art. Their work is available for sale at the store.
Click here to view some samples of their work.